Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> on 2006/08/18 00:58:53 UTC

[VOTE] approve the 4.0.2 release of ActiveMQ

In accordance with the incubator release procedure (see below) the
Apache ActiveMQ community has voted on and approved the 4.0.2 release
binary.

We would now like to request the permission of the Incubator PMC to
perform the release.

Release notes:
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/activemq-402-release.html

Vote thread:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-activemq-dev/200608.mbox/%3caf2843cd0608081335k21d2213ax348cc9f029d82cd9@mail.gmail.com%3e

Vote result:
The VOTE has passed with 7 ppmc +1's and no -1s.

+1 Hiram Chirino
+1 James Strachan
+1 Rob Davies
+1 Guillaume Nodet
+1 Alan D. Cabrera
+1 Aaron Mulder
+1 Brian McCallister

We also had 1 non ppmc +1:
+1 Kevan Miller

Release tarball:
http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.0.2-RC3/maven1/incubator-activemq/distributions/

Releases section of the Incubation Policy:
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases

Here's my non binding +1

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: [VOTE] approve the 4.0.2 release of ActiveMQ

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Doh.  thanks for checking.. I've opened a JIRA up for those issues:

I'm going to use the perl scripts to find the files that are missing
the headers.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 18 Aug 06, at 6:17 PM 18 Aug 06, robert burrell donkin wrote:

> (we need a script or something to check for license headers)

Checkstyle works well at doing this for the java sources, at least.

> - robert

Jason van Zyl
jason@maven.org

Re: [VOTE] approve the 4.0.2 release of ActiveMQ

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
robert burrell donkin wrote:

> missing license headers from some of the files i checked at random
> gives me concerns. for example:
>
> maven-bundle-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/maven/BundleMojo.java
>
> activemq-web-demo worries me: there are a lot of files without license
> headers and some which have them were not created at the ASF (which is
> ok but gives me concerns about the rest).
>
> i would like to see the issue of licenses in the source tidied up
> before this release ships. i haven't gone through every file but IMO
> this needs to be done.
>
> (we need a script or something to check for license headers)

The stuff at https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/relicense/src/perl/
has a practice mode which scans for existing and missing license headers.

-David

Re: [VOTE] approve the 4.0.2 release of ActiveMQ

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
I gave it a cursory look, and things seem to be in order.

+1

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 8/17/06, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> In accordance with the incubator release procedure (see below) the
> Apache ActiveMQ community has voted on and approved the 4.0.2 release
> binary.
>
> We would now like to request the permission of the Incubator PMC to
> perform the release.
>
> Release notes:
> http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/activemq-402-release.html
>
> Vote thread:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-activemq-dev/200608.mbox/%3caf2843cd0608081335k21d2213ax348cc9f029d82cd9@mail.gmail.com%3e
>
> Vote result:
> The VOTE has passed with 7 ppmc +1's and no -1s.
>
> +1 Hiram Chirino
> +1 James Strachan
> +1 Rob Davies
> +1 Guillaume Nodet
> +1 Alan D. Cabrera
> +1 Aaron Mulder
> +1 Brian McCallister
>
> We also had 1 non ppmc +1:
> +1 Kevan Miller
>
> Release tarball:
> http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.0.2-RC3/maven1/incubator-activemq/distributions/
>
> Releases section of the Incubation Policy:
> http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases
>
> Here's my non binding +1

+1

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/
Apache ServiceMix - http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/
Castor - http://castor.org/

Re: [VOTE] approve the 4.0.2 release of ActiveMQ

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1 (again too :)

On 8/18/06, Brian McCallister <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> +1 (again) :-)
>
> On Aug 17, 2006, at 3:58 PM, Hiram Chirino wrote:
>
> > In accordance with the incubator release procedure (see below) the
> > Apache ActiveMQ community has voted on and approved the 4.0.2 release
> > binary.
> >
> > We would now like to request the permission of the Incubator PMC to
> > perform the release.
> >
> > Release notes:
> > http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/activemq-402-release.html
> >
> > Vote thread:
> > http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-activemq-dev/
> > 200608.mbox/%
> > 3caf2843cd0608081335k21d2213ax348cc9f029d82cd9@mail.gmail.com%3e
> >
> > Vote result:
> > The VOTE has passed with 7 ppmc +1's and no -1s.
> >
> > +1 Hiram Chirino
> > +1 James Strachan
> > +1 Rob Davies
> > +1 Guillaume Nodet
> > +1 Alan D. Cabrera
> > +1 Aaron Mulder
> > +1 Brian McCallister
> >
> > We also had 1 non ppmc +1:
> > +1 Kevan Miller
> >
> > Release tarball:
> > http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.0.2-RC3/
> > maven1/incubator-activemq/distributions/
> >
> > Releases section of the Incubation Policy:
> > http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases
> >
> > Here's my non binding +1
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Hiram
> >
> > Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: [VOTE] approve the 4.0.2 release of ActiveMQ

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Brian McCallister <br...@apache.org>.
+1 (again) :-)