Posted to users@felix.apache.org by motes motes <mo...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/09 14:45:40 UTC

Unsatisfied import package

I use the felix maven plugin to build a minimal bundle of a maven
child project using the following setup:

   <build>
    <plugins>
        <plugin>
        	<groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
        	<version>1.4.0</version>
           <extensions>true</extensions>
           <configuration>
              <instructions>
                  <Bundle-SymbolicName>com.maven.test</Bundle-SymbolicName>
                  <Bundle-Name>maven.test</Bundle-Name>
                  <Bundle-Version>0.0.1</Bundle-Version>
    			  <Export-Package>com.test.*</Export-Package>
              </instructions>
           </configuration>
        </plugin>
    </plugins>
   </build>

In this project I use the slf4j logging framework and the resulting
MANIFEST file is:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Export-Package: com.test;uses:="org.slf4j"
Bundle-Version: 0.0.1
Build-Jdk: 1.6.0_21
Built-By: bob
Tool: Bnd-0.0.238
Bnd-LastModified: 1281356012159
Bundle-Name: maven.test
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Created-By: Apache Maven Bundle Plugin
Import-Package: com.test,org.slf4j;version="1.6"
Bundle-SymbolicName: maven.test

Now I would like to add this bundle to an eclipse update site. I
therefore add it to the target platform in eclipse and create a
feature where I add the bundle. Next I add this feature to an update
site project. But when I build the update site I get the error:

Processing inclusion from feature test.feature: Bundle
com.maven.test_0.0.1 failed to resolve.:
	Unsatisfied import package org.slf4j_1.6.0.

I have added the slf4j jars to my target platform (converting the
versions from the slf4j website to bundles ) so they should be
visible. Any ideas on how I solve this inclusion error?

Re: Unsatisfied import package

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.
This looks like an Eclipse question.

Posted by motes motes <mo...@gmail.com>.
I have tried to add slf4j to the feature on the plugins page to
specify that it should be packaged with the feature but that does not
help.

What is the general strategy towards imports for plugins included in a feature?

Posted by "Rémon. Sinnema" <rs...@yahoo.com>.