Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Tamás Máté <tm...@apache.org> on 2022/05/25 19:14:07 UTC

[VOTE] 4.1.0 release candidate 2

Hi all,

This is a vote for Impala 4.1.0.

The artifacts for testing can be downloaded from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/impala/4.1.0/RC2/
Git tag: 4.1.0-rc2 https://github.com/apache/impala/releases/tag/4.1.0-rc2
Tree hash: 7b94fc89f0d69af764153fe6871c507e007f7c51

Please vote +1 or -1. -1 votes should be accompanied by an explanation of
the reason. Only PMC members have binding votes, but other community
members are encouraged to cast non-binding votes. This vote will pass if
there are 3 binding +1 votes and more binding +1 votes than -1 votes.

This wiki page describes how to check the release before you vote:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IMPALA/How+to+Release#HowtoRelease-HowtoVoteonaReleaseCandidate

I tested this by running a from-scratch job and the release test job:
https://jenkins.impala.io/job/ubuntu-16.04-from-scratch/16545/
https://jenkins.impala.io/job/release-test-ub1604/59/
Also, ran a git clean in my dev environment then fetched/checked out the
4.1.0-rc2 tag.

The differences between RC1 and RC2 are the bellow commits that fix the
gitignore file and a small doc change:
- IMPALA-11300: [DOCS] Fix Iceberg documentation links
- IMPALA-11201: update gitignore files
- [tools] Add Kerberos gen files to shell/.gitignore

Thanks,
Tamas

Re: [VOTE] 4.1.0 release candidate 2

Posted by Zoltán Borók-Nagy <bo...@apache.org>.