Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by Jochen Theodorou <bl...@gmx.org> on 2018/01/25 22:06:59 UTC

Re: groovy git commit: Increase the possible size of value in GString instance

On 25.01.2018 07:32, sunlan@apache.org wrote:
> Repository: groovy
> Updated Branches:
>    refs/heads/master 031fc238f -> 7be5f2f82
>

> Increase the possible size of value in GString instance
[...]
> -        initialCapacity += values.length * Math.max(initialCapacity / strings.length, 1);
> +        initialCapacity += values.length * Math.max(initialCapacity / strings.length, 8);
>
>           return Math.max((int) (initialCapacity  * 1.2), 16);
>       }

I would wish here for a comment or at least a commit message why this
metric has been chosen. Otherwise the next change may very well undo
this again and nobody is really more wise here.

bye Jochen

Re: groovy git commit: Increase the possible size of value in GString instance

Posted by MG <mg...@arscreat.com>.
Hi Daniel,

as far as I read Jochen's mail, it was not the rationale that was
challenged per se, but the lack of expressing such in the form of a
comment in the code... :-)

Cheers,
mg