Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Darren S <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/22 07:16:25 UTC

S3 API broken in 4.2

I didn't even know this feature existed until yesterday, so I thought I'd try it out, but it seems that the S3 API in CloudStack completely doesn't work in 4.2.  Is it supposed to?  Is this an official feature or some tech preview type thing?

Darren

Re: S3 API broken in 4.2

Posted by Darren Shepherd <da...@gmail.com>.
Yes, don't delete ec2 until we have a replacement.  That is an important feature.

Darren

Re: S3 API broken in 4.2

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.

Re: S3 API broken in 4.2

Posted by Darren Shepherd <da...@gmail.com>.

RE: S3 API broken in 4.2

Posted by Prachi Damle <Pr...@citrix.com>.
We can remove the S3 source in 4.3, wonder if we know of any users using the tech preview version.

> Yes, either moving the line to constructor or using a local SearchBuilder will fix it - however the S3 APIs part in awsapi project is not supported or updated for  a long time and may have many other issues to get it working.
>
> Prachi

This is sort of the thing that I was asking about a few months ago...
when I asked about code that is stale / unmaintained.  We *really* need to stop shipping code that's "tech preview" quality.

Should it be removed for 4.3?

-chip

Re: S3 API broken in 4.2

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@apache.org>.

RE: S3 API broken in 4.2

Posted by Prachi Damle <Pr...@citrix.com>.

Re: S3 API broken in 4.2

Posted by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>.
So it seems that you are talking about EC2 api, not using S3 as secondary
storage. Adding Prachi then.

Thanks
-min

Re: S3 API broken in 4.2