Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2004/12/13 13:59:40 UTC

Re: svn commit: r111697 - in forrest/trunk/main/java/org/apache/cocoon: components/modules generation matching selection transformation

Juan Jose Pablos wrote:

>> Move Forrest java code to the org.apache.forrest namespace.
>> Refactor the pakage names based on functionality.
>> Things are generally working, please test further, as now the classes
>> are not in the original Cocoon packages anymore.
>> Removed:
>>   forrest/trunk/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/modules/
>>   forrest/trunk/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/generation/
>>   forrest/trunk/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/matching/
>>   forrest/trunk/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/selection/
>>   forrest/trunk/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/transformation/
>>
> why do you want to use a diferent directory layout?  I do not see any
> benefict on this change.

Because it makes things be based on functionality, not the generic
Cocoon packages. Packages should contain functionally dependant classes,
and since we are not Cocoon, for us the previous layout doesn't make sense.

Futhermore the preceding layout did not highlight some dependencies we
had, as some classes were used in the same package, the cocoon ones! I
had to add import statements to correct this.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -