Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/14 11:47:37 UTC

Depreciated DataContext.getThreadDataContext()

With JPA off the roadmap can we remove the Java depreciation from
DataContext.getThreadDataContext() as this generates a ton of warnings
in our code base and the DataContext has important methods which just
aren't available on ObjectContext or BaseContext.

regards Malcolm Edgar

Re: Depreciated DataContext.getThreadDataContext()

Posted by Andrey Razumovsky <ra...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, we'd better add more functionality to ObjectContext/BaseContext. The
goal is to minimize usage of DataContext class and use abstractions instead

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
> Deprecation of getThreadDataContext is unrelated to JPA support.

Absolutely correct.

Andrus

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@roxanemy.com>.