Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 2004/03/18 13:05:37 UTC

problem in 1.0.1 tarball

Looks like SVN_VER_NUMTAG was not changed to "". Thus, any 1.0.1
installation running via Apache will say it is running 1.0.1-dev.

:-(

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: problem in 1.0.1 tarball

Posted by David Summers <da...@summersoft.fay.ar.us>.
On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Philip Martin wrote:

> Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> writes:
>
> > Looks like SVN_VER_NUMTAG was not changed to "". Thus, any 1.0.1
> > installation running via Apache will say it is running 1.0.1-dev.
>
> There is also a testsuite patch on the 1.0.0 branch that didn't make
> it onto the 1.0.x branch, see this thread:
>
> http://www.contactor.se/~dast/svn/archive-2004-03/0769.shtml

I think this was what I was seeing on my Fedora and WBEL3 builds (but not
RedHat 7.3, 8.0, or 9.0 for some reason).

When I included that patch in the build the problem went away.  I'm not
convinced that it isn't something wierd I'm doing in my Fedora and WBEL3
SPEC files yet, though.

--
David Wayne Summers          "Linux: Because reboots are for hardware upgrades!"
david@summersoft.fay.ar.us   PGP Key: http://summersoft.fay.ar.us/~david/pgp.txt

Re: problem in 1.0.1 tarball

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.

Re: problem in 1.0.1 tarball

Posted by John Szakmeister <jo...@szakmeister.net>.
On Thursday 18 March 2004 15:23, Eric Gillespie wrote:
> Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> writes:
> > Looks like SVN_VER_NUMTAG was not changed to "". Thus, any
> > 1.0.1 installation running via Apache will say it is running
> > 1.0.1-dev.
>
> Um, are you sure?  Our servers, running 1.0.1 since Tuesday, say:
>
> Powered by Subversion version 1.0.1 (r9023).

I built mine from the tarball as well and it's fine too.

-John

Re: problem in 1.0.1 tarball

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.
Eric Gillespie <ep...@pretzelnet.org> writes:

> Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> writes:
>
>> Looks like SVN_VER_NUMTAG was not changed to "". Thus, any
>> 1.0.1 installation running via Apache will say it is running
>> 1.0.1-dev.
>
> Um, are you sure?  Our servers, running 1.0.1 since Tuesday, say:
>
> Powered by Subversion version 1.0.1 (r9023).

That's because the dist.sh script replaces SVN_VER_NUMTAG in the
tarball.  The 1.0.1 tag in the repository still claims to be a dev
version, and that's different from the 1.0.0 tag.

--
Philip Martin

Re: problem in 1.0.1 tarball

Posted by Eric Gillespie <ep...@pretzelnet.org>.

Eric Gillespie <*> epg@pretzelnet.org

Re: problem in 1.0.1 tarball

Posted by Nuutti Kotivuori <na...@iki.fi>.
Greg Stein wrote:
> Looks like SVN_VER_NUMTAG was not changed to "". Thus, any 1.0.1
> installation running via Apache will say it is running 1.0.1-dev.

Ah! I noticed that on svn.collab.net just after cmpilato had upgraded
it. But I assumed it was only *that* version, that the version
installed was not the official 1.0.1 version.

Oh well, 1.0.2 fixeth, I guess.

-- Naked