Posted to dev@climate.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/07 00:28:24 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release Climate 0.5

Hi Folks,
There have been a number of issue addressed recently for OCW.
Additionally, Kim's MCC Search Application is now in the codebase.
Is it possible for us to collectively define a roadmap for the 0.5 release?
Right now everything is tagged as 0.5 release. We've attacked and resolved
21 of 93 issues.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLIMATE/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:roadmap-panel
Would be nice to set a roadmap of short term issues we could implement then
push a release candidate.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Lewis

--
*Lewis*

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Climate 0.5

Posted by Michael Joyce <jo...@apache.org>.
I've merged pull requests for both of the above issues. I believe there are
still some mcsearch license issues being worked in an issue. I think we're
going to be good to go once we get those dealt with.

-- Joyce

Posted by Michael Joyce <jo...@apache.org>.
I just poked through the code. The only piece of code that is relying on
RCMET imports seems to be ocw-ui/backend/bottlemet.py. This is a really old
module that has been entirely unused in the code base for quite some time.
It's no longer compatible with the new toolkit and I don't see much value
in porting it over since it provides functionality that we already have in
other components in the UI and the toolkit. I've opened a ticket [1] for
removing it and will make a PR shortly to address it. I've also opened
another issue [2] to remove the old code base. I think we're finally at the
point where we can drop it!

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLIMATE-550
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLIMATE-551

-- Joyce