Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by fernando castano <Fe...@Sun.COM> on 2008/03/25 05:02:31 UTC

using properties for think time offset

Hi,

  I realized that properties ( i.e. ${_P(MY_PROPERY)} ) cannot be used
to define things like the path to a
file in an include controller or a to define the offset and delay of a
random timer.  What other options do I have to
parametrize this values?  I looked in the archives and could not find
the answer ...

TIA,

fdo

Re: using properties for think time offset

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 25/03/2008, fernando castano <Fe...@sun.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>   I realized that properties ( i.e. ${_P(MY_PROPERY)} ) cannot be used
>  to define things like the path to a
>  file in an include controller or a to define the offset and delay of a
>  random timer.  What other options do I have to
>  parametrize this values?  I looked in the archives and could not find
>  the answer ...

Properties can be used anywhere that functions and variables are used.

See:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/functions.html