Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Soumya Nayak <sn...@firstam.com> on 2020/02/04 05:13:40 UTC

Gatling Vs Jmeter

Hi Team,

I came across a link about Gatling Vs JMeter .

https://dzone.com/articles/gatling-vs-jmeter

From the above link I could see some of the advantages of Gatling over JMeter with respect to memory and CPU usage.

So anybody having more details can help me out this to create a line of difference to plan for the specific tool usage better.

Regards,
Soumya

This message may contain confidential or proprietary information intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) named above or may contain information that is legally privileged. If you are
not the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended addressee,
you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify us by
replying to the message and delete the original message and any copies immediately thereafter.

If you received this email as a commercial message and would like to opt out of future commercial
messages, please let us know and we will remove you from our distribution list.

Thank you.~
FAFLD

RE: Gatling Vs Jmeter

Posted by Rushabh Doshi <rd...@asite.com>.
I completely agree with Adrain. I have been using JMeter since ages and Gatling too based on my requirement I switches in between of two. In my opinion, JMeter is far better than the Gatling. Based on my experience, gatling community is neither a quick nor vibrant.

Thanks,
Rushabh

Posted by Prateek Dua <pr...@go-mmt.com.INVALID>.

Re: Gatling Vs Jmeter

Posted by Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Gatling Vs Jmeter

Posted by "glinius@live.com" <gl...@live.com>.
There is no "golden bullet" solution

On one hand Gatling is more VCS-friendly, on another JMeter is easier to
learn and use.

On one hand Gatling provides full power of Scala, on another JMeter supports
more  protocols
<https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#samplers>
and has more  plugins <https://jmeter-plugins.org/>  comparing to  Gatling
<https://gatling.io/docs/current/extensions>

The main disadvantage of Gatling is that it  doesn't really scale
<https://gatling.io/docs/current/cookbook/scaling_out#scaling-out-with-gatling-open-source>
and JMeter had  distributed mode
<https://www.blazemeter.com/blog/how-to-perform-distributed-testing-in-jmeter/>
easy to configure and use for ages .