Posted to users@apex.apache.org by "Perumal, Nithin" <pe...@rose-hulman.edu> on 2015/12/29 21:09:45 UTC

Questions regarding committing code to Malhar

I have fixed the demos that were not working the last time I submitted a pull request to Malhar.  I also made a number of the improvements asked for on my last pull request, but I need to have a couple of questions answered before I can resubmit my files:

1. For each additional twitter-demo feature that I added, I also added a testing file similar to those that already exist for the twitter-demo.  I was wondering whether I should keep the Consumer Key, consumer secret, access token and access token secret in the resources XML file as is done in the existing resources?

2. I had initially set up my testing files to read the twitter access credentials from "/home/dtadmin/.dt/dt-site.xml" (I am developing on the sandbox).  This way, the credentials would not be exposed in the xml file and the user would store his keys in this XML file.  Is this way acceptable?  Or should I put the credentials in the testing resources xml file as it currently is.  If I continue to access credentials from "/home/dtadmin/.dt/dt-site.xml"

Re: Questions regarding committing code to Malhar

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@gmail.com>.
Yes, they are configured to be skipped as they require manual setup. You
can run them locally with -DskipTests=false

Also, when you submit your pull request Travis CI will automatically run
all the tests that are enabled. You would see any related problems in the
build status.

Thomas

Posted by "Perumal, Nithin" <pe...@rose-hulman.edu>.

Posted by Sandeep Deshmukh <sa...@datatorrent.com>.