Posted to dev@daffodil.apache.org by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org> on 2019/01/28 12:55:55 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release Apache Daffodil 2.3.0

All,

Alot of significant changes have been made since Daffodil 2.2.0, and
it's been a while since we've had a release. I think it's time to get
2.3.0 out the door. There are currently 5 pull requests open:

  172: Make XML comparisons more memory efficient
  171: Added additional note to UPA violation errors
  170: Fixed CLI integration tests so that they run properly on Windows.
  158: Daffodil 1080 sequences and separators - preliminary review
  133: Enabled a few Calendar tests that now work

Of those, I think 158 and 133 are not ready to be merged, and perhaps
should be closed, with new pull requests eventually added when updates
are made? The remaining three look simple enough and will probably be
merged this week.

So, I propose that once those three PRs are merged, we start the release
process for 2.3.0, unless anyone knows of any critical issues that
should be resolved for the next release.

I'll volunteer to be the release manager for 2.3.0.

Thanks,
- Steve

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Daffodil 2.3.0

Posted by "Beckerle, Mike" <mb...@tresys.com>.
I know of nothing that should be blocking the release.

I closed PR 158.

I will update our roadmap on the project wiki.