Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Arnab Ganguly <ag...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/23 13:41:12 UTC

[users@httpd] Issue with the load balancer

Dear All,
I am trying out the load balancing by using Apache 2.2 Worker mpm model on
Red-Hat 3.0.I am using mod_proxy and mod_proxy_balancer.

ProxyPass /balancer-manager !
        ProxyPass / balancer://mycluster/ stickysession=BALANCEID
nofailover=On
        ProxyPassReverse / http://10.146.175.236:81/
        ProxyPassReverse / http://10.146.161.223:82/
        <Proxy balancer://mycluster>
          BalancerMember http://10.146.175.236:81 route=10-146-175-236
          BalancerMember http://10.146.161.223:82 route=10-146-161-223
          ProxySet lbmethod=byrequests
        </Proxy>

and the rewrite for in each of the back end server as follows

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule .* - [CO=BALANCEID:balancer.10.146.161.223:82]
RewriteRule ^/$ /test-query [L,R=301]

Initial requests are being properly distributed across both the servers but
after some time, I see from the browser all the requests are being handled
by the initial server only?

I would also like one more information, how do I set timer value, such a way
that within that timer all the request will be routed to that particular
server and when it expires, new server is going to selected and again on
expiry it should be able to select the old server again, assume I have only
two servers configured under the load balancer.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
-A