Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2003/11/19 04:43:18 UTC

forrestbot readiness

Now that I can start committing, I'd like to get forrestbot2 ready enough to
replace the old forrestbot.  Should I get the scripts and webapp updated for
forrestbot2 to run on forrestbot.cocoondev.org?  How can I get access to a
staging area (and eventually the existing forrestbot directories) on the server
so that I can test it?

--
Dave Brondsema
dave@brondsema.net

Re: forrestbot readiness

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> Now that I can start committing, I'd like to get forrestbot2 ready enough to
> replace the old forrestbot.  Should I get the scripts and webapp updated for
> forrestbot2 to run on forrestbot.cocoondev.org?  How can I get access to a
> staging area (and eventually the existing forrestbot directories) on the server
> so that I can test it?

Dave, i do not know how to answer your first question.

For the second question about access to cocoondev.org ...
Well, Steven Noels and Jeff Turner are both on this list, but as you
know, they are quiet at the moment. The best bet might be to join the
"supporters" at lists.cocoondev.org (very low traffic) and ask there,
and/or to contact Steven directly.
http://www.cocoondev.org/lists.html

--David

Re: forrestbot readiness

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 10:43:18PM -0500, Dave Brondsema wrote:

> Now that I can start committing, I'd like to get forrestbot2 ready enough to
> replace the old forrestbot.  Should I get the scripts and webapp updated for
> forrestbot2 to run on forrestbot.cocoondev.org?  How can I get access to a
> staging area (and eventually the existing forrestbot directories) on the server
> so that I can test it?

The forrestbot.cocoondev.org site is a mix of JSP and bash scripts.  Part
of my intention with starting the Forrestbot rewrite was to eliminate as
much of the custom bash scripting as possible, to make the Forrestbot
something cross-platform and generally useful for keeping any Forrest
site up to date.

If the bash scripting can be removed, what then remains (the JSPs) is
hardly worth preserving.  So I'd suggest ignoring most of this historical
baggage and starting from scratch (the fifo trick might be worth
preserving though).

Once it works to the extent forrestbot.cocoondev.org does, give Steven a
poke ;)

--Jeff