Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Pieter van der Merwe <pv...@theenablergroup.com> on 2006/08/16 18:30:21 UTC

Hosting a Broker inside .NET

We're currently attempting to host an ActiveMQ Broker in .NET with
IKVM.NET

The documentation state that this can be done with the following code:

BrokerService broker = new BrokerService();

// configure the broker
broker.addConnector("tcp://localhost:61616");

broker.start();

Is there any mechanism of actually specifying an Xml Configuration file
to read ActiveMQ configuration properties, or should we use another
mechanism?

Re: Hosting a Broker inside .NET

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 8/16/06, Pieter van der Merwe <pv...@theenablergroup.com> wrote:
> We're currently attempting to host an ActiveMQ Broker in .NET with
> IKVM.NET

Cool! Haven't heard of anyone doing that yet - up to now folks have
only done the client. But the broker side should work too.

> The documentation state that this can be done with the following code:
>
> BrokerService broker = new BrokerService();
>
> // configure the broker
> broker.addConnector("tcp://localhost:61616");
>
> broker.start();
>
> Is there any mechanism of actually specifying an Xml Configuration file
> to read ActiveMQ configuration properties, or should we use another
> mechanism?

You can use the BrokerFactory
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/maven/activemq-core/apidocs/org/apache/activemq/broker/BrokerFactory.html#createBroker(java.net.URI)

e.g.

BrokerService answer = factory.createBroker("broker.xml");

Where the broker.xml file is on your classpath.

--

James
-------