Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Michael O'Cleirigh <mi...@rivulet.ca> on 2010/08/12 14:53:55 UTC

Can jjava 5 update 22 be installed on the wicketstuff.org server?

Hello,

With the version of java 5 currently installed on wicketstuff.org hudson
gives build errors with one of the jwicket projects (related to
instanceof outerclass<?>.innerClass, a generics issue).

But compiling in Linux and Windows using the latest jdk5 update 22
results in no compile error.

I tried to use the hudson auto jdk installer but it doesn't seem to work
for FreeBSD:

JDK installation skipped: Unknown CPU name: freebsd
JDK installation skipped: Unknown CPU name: freebsd

Would someone with the correct access be able to install the jdk update
22 onto the wicketstuff.org server?

This won't effect my ability to cut a wicketstuff-core 1.4.10 release
but it would be nice if all the jwicket artifacts can have a latest
snapshot version.

Thanks,

Mike

Re: Can jjava 5 update 22 be installed on the wicketstuff.org server?

Posted by Michael O'Cleirigh <mi...@rivulet.ca>.
Hi Johan,

It turns out to be really easy to use jnlp to connect a slave node into
hudson.

I can contribute a slow Linux node with the latest jdk 5 on it for
running the jdk5 builds.

But I will need the firewall opened up for a specific tcp port for the
master/node communication.  I've entered in a port of 32323 but any port
could be configured and then setup in hudson.

Thanks,

Mike

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.