Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by tedsolr <ts...@sciquest.com> on 2016/10/27 21:33:25 UTC

Reindex after schema change options

Not all my fields use docValues. This is going to be a problem in the future.
Once I change the schema.xml to use docValues for these certain field types,
how do I reindex the data in place - without starting from the source?

I'm aware of lucene's IndexUpgrader but that will only ensure a correct
lucene match version. I'm not changing that. Could I use SolrJ to walk
through the documents and "touch" each one and do an atomic update on the
fields that have changed? (all the fields I care about are stored)

Thanks, Ted
v5.2.1

Re: Reindex after schema change options

Posted by Damien Kamerman <da...@gmail.com>.
I'm in a similar situation where I'm
using org.apache.lucene.index.IndexUpgrader to upgrade an index from solr 4
to solr 6, and want to add docValues to the schema.

All my fields are stored so I assume I could use the DataImportHandler
SolrEntityProcessor to copy the collection to a new collection and pick up
the docValues that way.

Will this work and is there a better (command line) way?

Regards,
Damien

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by tedsolr <ts...@sciquest.com>.