Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Jo...@lotus.com on 2001/10/22 17:09:54 UTC

JDK1.1 (was Re: [Xerces2] Beta3 Release Plan)

BTW, I just tested the currently checked-in code by compiling it under a
more recent JDK and attemting to run it under IBM's JDK 1.1.8.  A fairly
large number of tests fail in that environment -- much of the "idkey" set,
numberformat06 and 16,  and string132. I haven't isolated the problems yet,
but this bodes not well for the assertion that code built on the new
platforms will run on the older ones.

BTW, another good reason for wanting to be able to compile under 1.1.8 is
that it's by far the simplest technique to flush out accidental
dependencies on non-1.1 routines-- as witness the fact that the calls to
add() and get() were exposed this way.

Re: JDK1.1 (was Re: [Xerces2] Beta3 Release Plan)

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Joseph_Kesselman@lotus.com wrote:

> BTW, I just tested the currently checked-in code by compiling it under a
> more recent JDK and attemting to run it under IBM's JDK 1.1.8.  A fairly
> large number of tests fail in that environment -- much of the "idkey" set,
> numberformat06 and 16,  and string132. I haven't isolated the problems yet,
> but this bodes not well for the assertion that code built on the new
> platforms will run on the older ones.
>
> BTW, another good reason for wanting to be able to compile under 1.1.8 is
> that it's by far the simplest technique to flush out accidental
> dependencies on non-1.1 routines-- as witness the fact that the calls to
> add() and get() were exposed this way.

Which JDK is Axis aiming for?