Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Skladov, Victor" <Sk...@his.de> on 2002/01/18 11:04:57 UTC

FO: German Word Separation?

Hello to all!

Can anybody tell me, whether there are country - specific algorithms for
word separation in FO?
I live in Germany and my long column captions (in German) are being
wrong separated.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Viktor

Re: FO: German Word Separation?

Posted by Marc Sumner <su...@ksr-online.de>.
Hello Victor,

You can set the language for hyphenation, for example, in an fo:block like
this:

<fo:block text-align="left"
      language="de_DR"
      hyphenate="true"
      hyphenation-push-character-count="2"
      hyphenation-remain-character-count="2">

If you look in your FOP directory under hyph/ you see the various
hyphenation files. de_DR.xml is the new orthography, de.xml is the old
orthography.
HTH,

Marc