Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Len Bellemore <Le...@ControlCircle.com> on 2014/03/19 18:37:56 UTC

vmware cluster dedicated storage network

hi Guys,

I'm trying to set up a vmware cluster with a dedicated storage network.

Is this possible?

What I can't get my head around is in the zone settings in the UI for storage, I can put the vSwitch number in the entry for vmware.  Ie.  vSwitch2

However, in vcenter, the ip address that accesses my nfs storage is tied to the port group ie.  "cloud-storage"

Which entry do I need to enter in the zone settings?

Cheers
Len

________________________________
IMPORTANT NOTICE. This electronic message contains information from Control Circle Ltd, which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended for use only by the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify me by telephone or email (to the number or email address above) immediately. Activity and use of the ControlCircle e-mail system is monitored to secure its effective operation and for other lawful business purposes. Communications using this system will also be monitored and may be recorded to secure effective operation and for other lawful business purposes

Re: vmware cluster dedicated storage network

Posted by ilya musayev <il...@gmail.com>.
Can you confirm for SSVM that each nic is on proper vswitch and
portgroup - if you do tagging, pay attention to that as well. Do ping
test for each NIC to another host from SSVM.

Last but not least, see if you can figure out what that mount is and if
its accessible - it got there somehow.

Posted by ilya musayev <il...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ilya musayev <il...@gmail.com>.
Len