Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Gary <ga...@wandisco.com> on 2012/03/27 18:45:53 UTC

Milestone changes on the project issue tracker.

Hi,

I have changed the milestones in https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound to
get away from the defaults that Bloodhound provides. Instead of the
milestoneN set we now have:

  * "RC1 for initial release" which is self explanatory but it may be of
interest that it specifies a tentative due date of Apr 27th.
  * "Unscheduled" which is intended for work that should be done but has
not been assigned to a milestone

I am also considering creating a triage milestone to go with those.

Cheers,
     Gary

Re: Milestone changes on the project issue tracker.

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 06:51, Gary <ga...@wandisco.com> wrote:
> On 03/27/2012 06:38 PM, Greg Stein wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 12:45, Gary<ga...@wandisco.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have changed the milestones in https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound to
>>> get
>>> away from the defaults that Bloodhound provides. Instead of the
>>> milestoneN
>>> set we now have:
>>>
>>>  * "RC1 for initial release" which is self explanatory but it may be of
>>> interest that it specifies a tentative due date of Apr 27th.
>>>  * "Unscheduled" which is intended for work that should be done but has
>>> not
>>> been assigned to a milestone
>>>
>>> I am also considering creating a triage milestone to go with those.
>>
>> I would think of "Untriaged" as a status (eg. all new issues). Once
>> the issue has been triaged, then it goes into a specific milestone.
>

> Do you mean that you want the set of statuses (and so the workflow)
> adjusted? I think that just creating a "Triage" milestone that is the
> default milestone option for a new ticket will be simpler.

Nope... not making a request. just throwing out my own thoughts on the matter.

Cheers,
-g

Re: Milestone changes on the project issue tracker.

Posted by Gary <ga...@wandisco.com>.
On 03/27/2012 06:38 PM, Greg Stein wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 12:45, Gary<ga...@wandisco.com>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have changed the milestones in https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound to get
>> away from the defaults that Bloodhound provides. Instead of the milestoneN
>> set we now have:
>>
>>   * "RC1 for initial release" which is self explanatory but it may be of
>> interest that it specifies a tentative due date of Apr 27th.
>>   * "Unscheduled" which is intended for work that should be done but has not
>> been assigned to a milestone
>>
>> I am also considering creating a triage milestone to go with those.
> I would think of "Untriaged" as a status (eg. all new issues). Once
> the issue has been triaged, then it goes into a specific milestone.

Do you mean that you want the set of statuses (and so the workflow)
adjusted? I think that just creating a "Triage" milestone that is the
default milestone option for a new ticket will be simpler.

For reference, the ticket workflow we are using at the moment is shown
graphically here:
https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/TracWorkflow#Environmentscreatedwith0.11

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.