Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by David Cervera <dc...@disid.com> on 2012/10/05 17:26:02 UTC

Hot load/deploy of webapps, is it possible?

Hi,

Is there any way to load/deploy a new webapp without restarting OFBiz?
(better from Java code)

Or, can the components (one of them or all) be reloaded without restarting?
I've used method "loadComponents" of class "ComponentContainer" to
reload all components, it seems that it deploys the new webapps (defined
in the "ofbiz-component.xml" file of one component), but they aren't
accessible via browser. Maybe it needs a Tomcat reload or something
similar... any idea?

Thanks in advance!

--
David
DiSiD Technologies, S.L. -http://www.disid.com

Re: Hot load/deploy of webapps, is it possible?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Ha forgot

Please use rather user ML for such questions, see why here :

Thanks

Jacques

From: "David Cervera" <dc...@disid.com>

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Simple answer: not OOTB. Yes you need to at least reload the application server. Since OOTB Tomcat is embedded in OFBiz, this means
to restart OFBiz

A way you could investigate is to use Geronimo: https://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/deployment.html#Deployment-Hotdeployment
This does not mean it's easy...
Once upon a time, I got to run OFBiz in Geronimo
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=7045153
Recently some cleaning in OFBiz removed a hacky way I used to deregister the RMI dispatcher
So before this you should not find issues with Geronimo, after it should still work but if you use RMI you will maybe a non blocking
issue when closing OFBiz

HTH

Jacques

From: "David Cervera" <dc...@disid.com>