Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by ChadDavis <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/08 18:54:21 UTC

repo browser

Is there a repo browser that can show me the node structure, complete
with properties, node types, property types, etc.?

Re: repo browser

Posted by ChadDavis <ch...@gmail.com>.

> You can connect over RMI if the other application exposes the RMI server.  Alternative would be to configure the repository as a JEE resource and make available to both applications (assuming they are both web apps).  The web.xml and context.xml files in the war file have commented out sections (taken straight out of JR documentation) that you could use to access another repository.  The JNDI names will be displayed in the Session menu if any are found.

Way cool.  Thanks for your efforts.

Re: repo browser

Posted by Rakesh Vidyadharan <ra...@sptci.com>.
On 18 Feb 2010, at 12:25, ChadDavis wrote:

>> No, it is just a virtual path mapped to the servlet for the application.  Just http://<your server>:<port>/jcrviewer/ should do the trick.
>>

> I used this . . .
>
> http://localhost:8080/jcrmanager/index.jhtml
>
> using "jcrviewer" doesn't work . . . is that a different app?'

No, jcrviewer from the download site is for JR 1.6 and jcrmanager is for JR 2.0.  I forgot about that when I replied.

> BTW . . . is it possible to use this app on a repository that is
> already being used by another application?

You can connect over RMI if the other application exposes the RMI server.  Alternative would be to configure the repository as a JEE resource and make available to both applications (assuming they are both web apps).  The web.xml and context.xml files in the war file have commented out sections (taken straight out of JR documentation) that you could use to access another repository.  The JNDI names will be displayed in the Session menu if any are found.

Rakesh

Re: repo browser

Posted by ChadDavis <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: repo browser

Posted by Rakesh Vidyadharan <ra...@sptci.com>.

Re: repo browser

Posted by ChadDavis <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: repo browser

Posted by Rakesh Vidyadharan <ra...@sptci.com>.
On 18 Feb 2010, at 12:05, ChadDavis wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Rakesh Vidyadharan <ra...@sptci.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 16 Feb 2010, at 11:52, Patricio Echagüe wrote:
>>
>>> Hey Rakesh, thank you so much. It works great.
>>
>> You are welcome.  I released 2.1 a couple of hours ago, with some additional 2.0 features as well as RMI connection ability.
>
> Any docs available?  I'm apparently doing something wrong.

Not really, although I can provide you help if needed.  I found via an earlier thread that I need to change how I handle query results (I was using getSize to paginate the results).  I will be fixing it over the next couple of days and uploading a new version.

The app is very much based on what I normally do, so I have no other use cases.  If you have anything specific that is not in the feature list, feel free to suggest.

Rakesh

Re: repo browser

Posted by ChadDavis <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: repo browser [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Posted by Rakesh Vidyadharan <ra...@sptci.com>.
Hmm... I cannot think of any reason off the top of my head.  I do not have the ability to test on Weblogic.  I do not have any container based authentication turned on for the application to generate a 403 error.

A simple telnet session should look something like the following:

rakesh:/usr/local/apache-tomcat-6.0.20/logs $ telnet localhost 8080
Trying ::1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET /jcrviewer/ HTTP/1.0

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
Pragma: no-cache
Cache-Control: no-store
Expires: 0
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=EE33C776C682B578018BD28F8709DC53; Path=/jcrviewer
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 03:33:30 GMT
Connection: close

    <head>
        <title> </title>
        <script src="/jcrviewer/?sid=Echo.Boot" type="text/javascript"> </script>
        <link href="favicon.ico" rel="icon" type="image/vnd.microsoft.icon"/>
    </head>
Connection closed by foreign host.

Posted by Ro...@ipaustralia.gov.au.

Re: repo browser

Posted by Rakesh Vidyadharan <ra...@sptci.com>.

Re: repo browser

Posted by Patricio Echagüe <pa...@gmail.com>.

--
Patricio.-

Re: repo browser

Posted by Rakesh Vidyadharan <ra...@sptci.com>.

Re: repo browser

Posted by Patricio Echagüe <pa...@gmail.com>.

--
Patricio.-

Re: repo browser

Posted by Guo Du <mr...@gmail.com>.

Re: repo browser

Posted by Fabián Mandelbaum <fm...@gmail.com>.
Even if there are lots of tools out there in the links everyone
provide they are mostly toys, commercial, or not actively developed...

It's not very hard to create a method that given a session dumps an
excerpt of the repository, for example (code below taken from our
CalencoV2 system. The code below is part of Calenco's
PooledRepoManager class, released under the AGPL license):

static String NL = System.getProperty("line.separator");

    public void dump(Appendable appendable) {
        Session session = null;
        try {
            session = getSessionRO(); // Get a JCR Read-only session
            dump(session.getRootNode(), appendable);
        } catch (Exception e) {
            String msg = String.format("Cannot dump repository content
into %s", appendable.getClass().getName());
            log.severe(msg);
            throw new RuntimeException(msg, e);
        } finally {
            releaseSessionRO(session); // Logout from the Read-only session
        }
    }

    public void dump(Node node, Appendable appendable) throws
RepositoryException, IOException {
        String nname = node.getName();
        if (!nname.equals("jcr:system")) { // Skip the JCR system node // NOI18N
            appendable.append("------------------------ Node
-----------------------").append(NL);
            appendable.append(String.format("%s
[%s]",	(nname.isEmpty() ? "Root Node" : nname),
node.getPath())).append(NL);
            appendable.append("····················· Properties
····················").append(NL);
            PropertyIterator pit = node.getProperties();
            if (pit.hasNext()) {
                while (pit.hasNext()) {
                    Property p = pit.nextProperty();
                    String pname = p.getName();
                    int ptype = p.getType();
                    if (!p.getDefinition().isMultiple()) {
                        if (ptype == PropertyType.BINARY) {

appendable.append(String.format("@%s=BINARY_VALUE",
pname)).append(NL); // NOI18N
                        } else {

appendable.append(String.format("@%s=\"%s\"", pname,
p.getString())).append(NL); // NOI18N
                        }
                    } else {
                        int i = 0;
                        for (Value value : p.getValues()) {

appendable.append(String.format("@%s[%d]=\"%s\"", pname, i, (ptype ==
PropertyType.BINARY ? "BINARY_VALUE" :
value.getString()))).append(NL); // NOI18N
                            i++;
                        }
                    }
                }
            } else {
                appendable.append("NONE").append(NL);
            }
            appendable.append("-----------------------------------------------------").append(NL);
// NOI18N
            NodeIterator nodes = node.getNodes();
            while (nodes.hasNext()) {
                dump(nodes.nextNode(), appendable);
            }
        }
    }

The above method skips the system (jcr:system) node, feel free to
adapt it to your needs. Using a similar algorithm as the above one, it
was nearly trivial to build a JSON representation of the JCR
repository with a format suitable for dojo's tree widget, having a
web-based read-only view of a running JCR repository.

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 2:54 PM, ChadDavis <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a repo browser that can show me the node structure, complete
> with properties, node types, property types, etc.?

--
Fabián Mandelbaum
IS Engineer

Re: repo browser

Posted by Ben Short <be...@benshort.co.uk>.
There are some listed here [1] and here [2]

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JcrLinks#Open_Source_Tools_and_Libraries
[1] http://dev.day.com/microsling/content/blogs/main/jcrtools.html