Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ex...@nokia.com on 2004/04/13 18:54:08 UTC

How to load an SSL client certificate into an Axis client running in a WebLogic servlet?

Hi,

I am trying to run an Axis client from a servlet under WebLogic 8.1. The servlet is NOT the Axis servlet, it's really only a client, not a Web Service, but it uses the Axis web service client API.

I am trying to create an SSL connection to a Web Service from that client, and I am getting all sorts of problems.

One of these problems (with proxies) I have already described in another posting.

Another problem is that I want to achieve mutual, SSL-based authentication between the client and the web service host. To achieve this, I have to load the client certificate into the client, and incorporate it into the request. This doesn't seem to work. Of course, my first idea was to use the system properties 'javax.net.ssl.keyStore', etc. But this doesn't seem to work.

Thus, my question is: is there any other way of getting the client certificate into the client and then into the request? Using SSLContext, perhaps?

Any hint would be greately appreciated,

Zoltan Schreter
Nokia