Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Shawn Bayern <ba...@essentially.net> on 2002/03/31 06:37:42 UTC

Re: several messages

On Sat, 30 Mar 2002, Ming Fai wrote:

> The default path of xmlUrl is not webapps/, but the bin/ directory of
> Tomcat (I use tomcat 4.03). It is suggested in an old post (From:
> Stefan Kost, Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 02:28:37) that user.dir can be
> reset to webapps path. This method does work, but I think it is not
> good enough, as one of the reasons for using taglib is to avoid
> writing any Java code in the jsp pages. So, is there a better way to
> pass webapps path to the xmlUrl? e.g. use a ${webapps} variable etc.

Hi there.  This is an excellent question.  It's been reported as a bug
(#7500) in the Bugzilla archive by saishi@cs.berkeley.edu, although it's
actually a spec matter.  The expert group will need to figure out exactly
what the semantics of relative URLs in the XML tags will be, whether
documents should be validated by <x:transform> and <x:parse>, and whether
such considerations affect reasonably implementability.  These issues will
probably be addressed before our Public Final Draft (and next RI beta).

Thanks again for raising the issue.

--
Shawn Bayern
Author, "JSP Standard Tag Library"  http://www.jstlbook.com

RE: several messages

Posted by Ming Fai <mi...@hongkong.com>.
Thx for your message. I'm looking forward for the bug to be fixed.

Another issue is about xsl include. e.g. <xsl:include href="../VERSION"/> in
the xsl file. I find the transform tag is in a mess when handling xsl with
include, and include with "../". It seems relative path of the jsp (instead
of the xsl) is used. I actually tried the docbook xsl.
(http://docbook.sourceforge.net/projects/xsl/) I find the transform tag
totally unusable. If this bug is not recorded, please let me know and let me
fire a bug report.

regards,
mingfai