Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Surinder Mehra <re...@gmail.com> on 2022/02/01 08:16:39 UTC

baseline command fails when node is down

I was trying to add and remove nodes as mentioned in the blog below.
When I kill a node and try running ./control.sh --baseline. It consistently
throws errors
https://dzone.com/articles/apache-ignite-baseline-topology-by-examples

I tried it several times. When I restarted that node, it started working.
Again when I killed the same node, it stopped working.

This didn't happen when I killed some other node. That time it shows
correct online and offline nodes in baseline.
I saw a similar issue was reported before as well.
https://lists.apache.org/thread/sw163d42qtv0h9lcwdr1zjt1cv6cvlqq

I wonder if the control script was trying to connect to an offline node.
Could you please put some light on it.

[image: image.png]