Posted to user@struts.apache.org by syed abrar <ab...@rediffmail.com> on 2005/07/13 12:59:07 UTC

Problem with action forward while using Frames

Hello All,
        I have a problem.I have two frames with two different jsps.And after selecting the options(checkboxes) in the second frame the control goes to the Action class.After processing the request the control has to be passed to other jsp page(which have declared in struts-config.xml file).But after I return the ActionForward the jsp page is opening in the second frame itself without closing the opened frame.

Can any one please help me

Re: Problem with action forward while using Frames

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
syed abrar wrote:

> Hello All,
>         I have a problem.I have two frames with two different jsps.And after selecting the options(checkboxes) in the second frame the control goes to the Action class.After processing the request the control has to be passed to other jsp page(which have declared in struts-config.xml file).But after I return the ActionForward the jsp page is opening in the second frame itself without closing the opened frame.
>
> Can any one please help me

Short of doing fancy things with Javascript, the way to achieve that would
to to specify the first frame as the target (target='...') for the form
submission in the second frame.

L.
--
Laurie, Open Source advocate, Java geek and novice blogger:
http://www.holoweb.net/~laurie/