Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by jessezbj <je...@hotmail.com> on 2011/07/19 01:00:57 UTC

Could anyone give an explanation about the detailed process of sync sending and async sending in ActiveMQ?

Could anyone give an explanation about the detailed process of sync sending
and async sending in ActiveMQ?

Especially for sync sending, is it the synchronization between sender and
broker, or the sender and receiver?

And what will happen if you send message across a network of brokers?

Thanks.

Re: Could anyone give an explanation about the detailed process of sync sending and async sending in ActiveMQ?

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi,

sync send is important for sending persistent message, in terms that when
producer sends a message broker first stores a message in the store before
acking back to the producer that message is received. In this way we can
guarantee that message will not be lost during the crash.

As for the network of brokers, it works the same. The remote broker will
confirm it has the message, only after it stores it locally.

Regards
Blog - http://www.nighttale.net