Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by James Crosthwaite <ja...@rdfgroup.com> on 2007/08/03 18:38:44 UTC

Is this even possible...?

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to Wicket and i have a query about creating an editable
list. My query is simply, is it even possible?

Basically i have a list of objects, currently displayed in a
PageableListView, that i want the user to be able to edit. They should be
able to edit any of the rows and then click a button to save all changes
that they may have made to each row.

I've tried using DataBinder which didn't help as i could only edit one
object at a time, however i cannot now work out how to achieve this or even
if it is possible!

If anyone has any ideas that would get me started i would be most grateful!

Many thanks in advance

Re: Is this even possible...?

Posted by James Crosthwaite <ja...@rdfgroup.com>.
Thanks Nathan, i'll check that out. Will give you a shout if i need a
Databinder Forums account.

Thanks again

James

Re: Is this even possible...?

Posted by Nathan Hamblen <na...@technically.us>.

Re: Is this even possible...?

Posted by Nathan Hamblen <na...@technically.us>.
James Crosthwaite wrote:
> I'm relatively new to Wicket and i have a query about creating an editable
> list. My query is simply, is it even possible?

Impossible is nothing!

> Basically i have a list of objects, currently displayed in a
> PageableListView, that i want the user to be able to edit. They should be
> able to edit any of the rows and then click a button to save all changes
> that they may have made to each row.
>
> I've tried using DataBinder which didn't help

The recipe book example has repeating form elements in a list view. It's
not pageable, but that shouldn't be a problem. I've been improving that
example lately so I'll point you to the trunk version:
http://databinder.net/wsvn/Databinder/examples/trunk/recipe/src/main/java/example/panels/EditRecipe.java?op=file

If some of the code comments seem wrong it because I haven't updated
them yet. Also this is the version that's running live because the old
one was a little exception-happy.
http://databinder.net/recipe/

Hope that helps.

Nathan

Re: Is this even possible...?

Posted by James Crosthwaite <ja...@rdfgroup.com>.
Thanks to everyone for their replies, they are most helpful. I knew you guys
would have the answer, guess i just couldn't see the wood for the trees!

If I have any more queries I'll be sure to post back, thanks again.

James

Re: Is this even possible...?

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.