Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com> on 2001/10/09 05:33:39 UTC

Disabling IMAP in 2.0a1

Ok, I understand if Charles doesn't want to remove the IMAP code, but can we
at least disable it?  I really have a problem with out of the box having it
bind to a well-known port it can't serve, and say that it's running
successfully, even though it doesn't work (for now).

Also, _how_ can you disable IMAP or NNTP?  I've tried commenting out every
IMAP related line in the configuration xml files, deleting IMAPServer.xinfo
file from james.bar, and all I get are DeploymentExceptions (with no conf
file line numbers are to where the problem is).  I think it'd be good to
document this so people not wanting POP3 or NNTP or IMAP could do so.

Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies
http://www.lokitech.com/