Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Madan U Sreenivasan <ma...@collab.net> on 2006/07/12 08:05:32 UTC

Re: svn commit: r20576 - branches/merge-tracking

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 03:17:46 +0530, <dl...@tigris.org> wrote:

> Author: dlr
> Date: Tue Jul 11 14:47:46 2006
> New Revision: 20576

[snip]

> +Phase 2
> +=======

[snip]

> +      --record-only do not perform an actual merge of the changes, yet
> record

     Why do we have --record-only in phase 2? I think it deserves to be in
phase 1 (completion of functionality - recording mergeinfo - wise). Any
special reasons?

Regards,
Madan.

Re: svn commit: r20576 - branches/merge-tracking

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net>.
On Wed, 12 Jul 2006, Madan S. wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 03:17:46 +0530, <dl...@tigris.org> wrote:
>
> >Author: dlr
> >Date: Tue Jul 11 14:47:46 2006
> >New Revision: 20576
>
> [snip]
>
> >+Phase 2
> >+=======
>
> [snip]
>
> >+      --record-only do not perform an actual merge of the changes, yet
> >record
>
>     Why do we have --record-only in phase 2? I think it deserves to be in
> phase 1 (completion of functionality - recording mergeinfo - wise). Any
> special reasons?

No, there's no particular reason for that -- none of what's in TODO is
set in stone.  Adding the equivalent of a --record-only as part of
phase 1 seems perfectly reasonable to me.