Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Ryan Hamilton <ry...@astronomer.io.INVALID> on 2021/02/24 16:01:53 UTC

[DISCUSS][AIP-38 Modern Web Application]

Team,

We just created “AIP-38 Modern Web Application”' on Confluence and would
very much appreciate feedback and suggestions from the community.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/AIP-38+Modern+Web+Application

Building on the momentum of the release of 2.0 and the interest generated
by the UI refresh delivered by it, we feel the time is right to begin the
journey in making (and keeping) Airflow’s web application a truly modern
one. We outline our motivations in detail within the AIP, but ultimately we
strive to deliver a world-class user experience that strengthens Airflow’s
position as the leader for data orchestration.

The AIP consists of two primary sections: Technology and Information
Architecture & Design. While the former has a fairly straightforward
specification of technology and a proof of concept, the latter may feel a
bit unorthodox as far as Airflow AIPs go. We are confident that the process
that we’ve proposed to support it will fully utilize the best design
practices that will yield an evolved and elevated experience for Airflow’s
users.

We’re cognizant of the significant amount of effort that this endeavour
will require, and the ultimate impact that it will have on the future of
Airflow. We believe that the proposed community-supported design process,
and the introduction path with continual feedback loops will ensure that
the end result fully delivers on the needs of Airflow’s diverse community
of users.

Any feedback, suggestions, and comments would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ryan Hamilton and Brent Bovenzi

Re: [DISCUSS][AIP-38 Modern Web Application]

Posted by Ryan Hamilton <ry...@astronomer.io.INVALID>.
Glad to hear there is excitement about bringing this to life! Barring any
significant feedback, we hope to bring this to a vote later in the week, so
please chime in if you have insights to offer.

Posted by Leah Cole <co...@google.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Ryan Hamilton <ry...@astronomer.io.INVALID>.

Posted by Leah Cole <co...@google.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Xinbin Huang <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vikram Koka <vi...@astronomer.io.INVALID>.

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sumit Maheshwari <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com>.

--
+48 660 796 129

Re: [DISCUSS][AIP-38 Modern Web Application]

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com>.