Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tom Cooper <tc...@starpower.net> on 2006/12/04 06:01:21 UTC

[users@httpd] Question about OS X ssl

I've been poking around with ssl on OS X Tiger (Apache2, not the 1.3
version bundled with Tiger) and am stumped!  As best I can tell, the
problem I have has already been solved by someone about 2 years ago
(found in this posting)
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-users/200412.mbox/%3c05E40CD9-4546-11D9-AAEC-0003938366A4@jibeya.com%3e

Unfortunately the key to the puzzle appears to be in a mailing list
posting which is no longer available, and whose host blocks archive.org
from indexing its site :(

http://mailman.yale.edu/pipermail/macosx-l/2004-October/000006.html

So, now that I have that out of the way, the problem I'm experiencing is
that when I attempt to start Apache with SSL, it barfs with:
[Sun Dec 03 23:44:23 2006] [emerg] (13)Permission denied: couldn't grab
the accept mutex
[Sun Dec 03 23:44:23 2006] [notice] Apache/2.0.52 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.52
OpenSSL/0.9.7i DAV/2 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Sun Dec 03 23:44:23 2006] [alert] Child 5328 returned a Fatal
error...\nApache is exiting!

I'm feeling like I'm pounding my head against the wall here.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Tom Cooper

--
This is *your* life.
Are you *who* you want to *be*?

Re: [users@httpd] Question about OS X ssl

Posted by Tom Cooper <tc...@starpower.net>.
Yvo van Doorn wrote:
> Try adding this line:
> AcceptMutex flock
Perfect!

> Furthermore, it might be a good idea to use the latest version of
> apache, 2.0.58, as opposed to 2.0.52. Unless you have a module that is
> third party and you know that doesn't work with the latest version,
> you truly have no excuse not to use it :-).

Unless you're running a binary built by someone else, and you don't want
to screw around trying to figure out how to build apache from source. :)

Thanks MUCH for the help.  It's working fine now.

Regards,
Tom

Re: [users@httpd] Question about OS X ssl

Posted by Yvo van Doorn <yv...@gmail.com>.
I saw I was off by a version the moment AFTER i hit the "Send" button. All I
had to say at that point was: "Foot in mouth"

At least it was much newer then 2.0.52 :-) (tries to play it off, ever so
smoothly).

Posted by Yvo van Doorn <yv...@gmail.com>.
Try adding this line:
AcceptMutex flock