Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Iwan <iw...@i-ware.net> on 2003/01/05 02:09:41 UTC

Recursive send using optional FTP task

Hi,

I want to use Ant to update my website after building the servlets etc
using Ant as well.

My site is accessed using FTP so I use the optional FTP-task of Ant
1.5.1. Now when I send the files over, only the files in the root are
copied, any attempt to copy a file from a local sub-dir in a
corresponding remote sub-dir is greeted by an error saying that the
sub-dir on the remote site already exists (which is true). Now I don't
care that the remote sub-dir already exists, I just want all the files
overwritten when I have newer versions locally. Anybody any clue on how
to this without handling every dir manually?

Btw, this is my Ant sniplet where I want to do this.

    <target name="deployHTML">
        <echo message="Deploying HTML-files"/>
        <ftp password="MyPassWord"
             remotedir="htdocs"
             server="www.mydomain.com"
             userid="MyUserID"
             skipFailedTransfers="yes">
             <fileset dir="web">
                <include name="**/*.html"/>
                <include name="**/*.htm"/>
             </fileset>
        </ftp>
    </target>

Iwan
----
ICQ: 31720413 / M$N: ieising@hotmail.com
www.i-ware.net / www.cyberhighscore.com

RE: Recursive send using optional FTP task

Posted by Iwan <de...@i-ware.net>.
Thanks, that worked. Should have tried it myself, but the docs didn't
really point me to it.

Thanks again.

Iwan

Posted by Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com>.