Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by 魏金仙 <se...@126.com> on 2010/12/05 14:45:23 UTC

probability of node receiving (not be responsible for) the request

  If a particular client send 5 requests to a 6-node cluster, then the probability of each node receiving(not be responsible for) the first request is 1/6. Assume that node1 received the 1st request, will node1 receive the 2nd request, the 3rd one, the 4th one and the 5th one with high probability or 1/6?
thanks for your time.

Re: Re: probability of node receiving (not be responsible for) the request

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.
2010/12/6 魏金仙 <se...@126.com>

> thank you.
> but I mean the probability of a node to receive the request not process it
> eventually .

I see.  That depends on how the client-side load balancing is written.

-Brandon

Re:Re: probability of node receiving (not be responsible for) the request

Posted by 魏金仙 <se...@126.com>.
thank you.

At 2010-12-06 00:56:58,"Brandon Williams" <dr...@gmail.com> wrote:

2010/12/5 魏金仙<se...@126.com>
  If a particular client send 5 requests to a 6-node cluster, then the probability of each node receiving(not be responsible for) the first request is 1/6.

Assuming RF=1 and RandomPartitioner.

Assume that node1 received the 1st request, will node1 receive the 2nd request, the 3rd one, the 4th one and the 5th one with high probability or 1/6?
thanks for your time.

1/6th with RandomPartitioner, something much higher with OrderPreservingPartitioner.

-Brandon

Re: probability of node receiving (not be responsible for) the request

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.