Posted to docs@cocoon.apache.org by Matt Robinson <ma...@flightcentre.com> on 2004/08/12 10:04:56 UTC

A problem resolution

Hi.

I'm not sure whether this has been answered or not already.  I have not
been able to find this solution in the notes, so I am submitting it here
in the hope that it will be made available to others.

A Possible Resolution to the cocoon 2.1.5.1 build error on LINUX systems:
in "main" ClassDefNotFound: org/apache/ant/launcher/Launcher.class

The tools/bin/ant runtime shell script is wrong.

The first thing it does is check to see if the file /etc/ant.conf exist,
and executes it if it does.
To fix this error, rem out this section because there if there is an
existing ant installation on the server (especially if it is < 1.6!) then
it gets confused and issues a ClassNoDefFound error.

Here is a part of the file showing the changes in context (highlighted
with --* ):

# load system-wide ant configuration
--* #if [ -f "/etc/ant.conf" ] ; then
--* #  . /etc/ant.conf
--* #fi

Kind Regards,

Matt Robinson

Re: A problem resolution

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
You need to send your questions to the "users" mailing list.
This "docs" mailing list is for wiki diff notifications only.
(Yes i know that some docs refer you here, we need to fix that.)

Oh, and you should use a better email subject.

--David