Posted to users@ws.apache.org by "Jones, Chris" <ch...@atmosenergy.com> on 2002/10/02 19:27:48 UTC

Newbie Question on execute(java.lang.String method,

If I extend XmlRpcHandler and call it echHandle. When the server adds the
Handler by the name of cjones. like:
        server.addHandler ("cjones", echHandle);

Why does the client still look for echo? Or is it looking for a handler
named $default?
Error: org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: java.lang.Exception: RPC handler
object not found for "echo": no default handler registered.

I am calling the correct method name in the execute as such:
Object result = client.execute ("cjones", v);

How do you add handlers of different names to perform different functions?

Thanks,
Chris Jones
(806)349-5775

"Spoken words are the symbols of mental experience, and written words are
the symbols of spoken words."
Aristotle

Re: Newbie Question on execute(java.lang.String method,

Posted by Frederik Uyttersprot <fr...@pandora.be>.
Client will need,

client.execute("chojones.<methodname>", Vector params);

As far as I remember.

When you register with

server.addHandler($default, echHandle);

you can use,

client.Execute("<methodname>", VEctor params);

to add different handles to do different things, just use addHandler
several times using another -name- :

server.addHandler("one", someHandlerOne);
server.addHandler("two", someHandlerTwo);

then,

client.execute("one.<somemethod>", params);
client.execute("two.<someothermethod>", params);

hope this helps

--
Frederik Uyttersprot @ HOME

Re: Newbie Question on execute(java.lang.String method,

Posted by Frederik Uyttersprot <fr...@pandora.be>.
Client will need,

--
Frederik Uyttersprot @ HOME