Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Paul Hastings <pa...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/13 07:24:56 UTC

minor MobileGrid issue

the experimental MobileGrid is pretty slick, covers most of what we need in a
datagrid for mobile & is pretty snappy even with 100s of rows of data.

i think we've run into a minor issue w/its display. in a case when there are
enough rows to fully fill a mobile datagrid component w/a fixed height & width,
the component seems to overflow itself & leak out into any components below it.

this case:
- nexus7 (2013),
- portrait mode,
- the mobile datagrid's height & width are fixed (ie not expressed in %),
- has only two columns, one filled by a label function (i guess that makes the
rows variable in height but i didn't see an option for that, guess its automagic)
- data is just text
- MobileGrid overflows onto a row of buttons below it in a HGroup
- noticed when scrolling the rows up, there's a row of whitespace at the bottom

our workaround is to shove a 30pixel spacer between the grid & the buttons.

is this known behavior or are we doing something wrong? i think we're
understanding how the component works & its use here is pretty simple:

<ns:MobileGrid id="metersDG" dataProvider="{searchResults}" height="600"
width="950">
  <ns:columns>
   <ns:MobileGridColumn dataField="meterID" headerText="Meter ID" width="225"/>
   <ns:MobileGridColumn dataField="name" headerText="Customer"
     labelFunction="customerLabeler" width="700"/>
  </ns:columns>
</ns:MobileGrid>

changing the height doesn't fix it, neither does top/bottom padding, only the
spacer hack.

thanks.

Re: minor MobileGrid issue

Posted by Paul Hastings <pa...@gmail.com>.
On 1/14/2014 4:47 PM, Sugan Naicker wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Getting a drop box page not found error on links.

maurice said he attached the files to the JIRA issue (and they appear to be
there). so i removed them. see:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34038

Re: minor MobileGrid issue

Posted by Paul Hastings <pa...@gmail.com>.
On 1/14/2014 5:54 PM, Maurice Amsellem wrote:
> Actually, Paul has already tested on Nexus 7 ( the "reference" Android device).
> Sometimes other Android devices (eg. Samsung) have different behavior.
> I will also test on iOS when  I will start working on the issue.

and just an FYI, i was seeing something similar in the device emulators as well.

RE: minor MobileGrid issue

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
Actually, Paul has already tested on Nexus 7 ( the "reference" Android device).
Sometimes other Android devices (eg. Samsung) have different behavior.
I will also test on iOS when  I will start working on the issue.

Maurice

RE: minor MobileGrid issue

Re: minor MobileGrid issue

Posted by Paul Hastings <pa...@gmail.com>.

RE: minor MobileGrid issue

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
Ok, can you please file a JIRA ticket at:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX

And a test case would be nice, as I will have to reproduce it on iOS (I don't have an Android device to test on).

Thanks for reporting.

Maurice

On 1/13/2014 4:51 PM, Maurice Amsellem wrote:

> Does this issue show up in iOS as well, or only Android ?

the app is android only (which makes me eternally grateful to this client ;-) & actually specific to nexus 7, so no idea.

they bought a bunch of tablets for their field work & settled on the nexus 7 (cheap, pretty nice screen--their maps look stunning on it-- and a decent battery life).

do you need a test case?

thanks, and again this seems like a really good start on mobile datagrid.

Re: minor MobileGrid issue

Posted by Paul Hastings <pa...@gmail.com>.

RE: minor MobileGrid issue

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.