Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Samuel Cheung <sy...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/22 00:32:13 UTC

How to update a persistent property

Hi,

I have a persistent property in my tapestry application 'currentUser'.
But when I make changes of the currentUser and click the 'submit', the
value of the user did not get update sometimes. Initially, the right
values are displayed. But if I keep refreshing the page, sometime the
wrong value shows up, other time.

And this is the submit method of my form:
  public void submit(IRequestCycle cycle) {
        System.out.println ("Change property! ");

       try {
        User  user= getCurrentUser();
        UserDAO usdao =  new UserDAO();

        // assume user's properties have been updated thru Tapestry 's form.
        usdao.makePersistent(user);
        HibernateUtil.getSession().flush();

    } catch (HibernateException e) {
        // TODO Auto-generated catch block
        e.printStackTrace();
    } finally {
//        try {
//            HibernateUtil.closeSession();
//        } catch (HibernateException e) {
//            // TODO Auto-generated catch block
//            e.printStackTrace();
    }

Here is what I have in my page:
<property-specification name="currentUser" type="db.model.User"
persistent="yes" />

In my page class, I have this:
   public abstract User getCurrentUser();
    public abstract void setCurrentUser(User user);