Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Peter McCracken <pe...@ca.ibm.com> on 2003/08/19 15:33:15 UTC

Patches for Errata 2E

Hi,

In addition to Neil's patch (sent to the list yesterday) I also have a
couple patches to fix 2E errata, written by myself and Glenn Marcy.

This fixes E15.1, (elements declared to be EMPTY in the DTD cannot have
comments, PIs or entity references) and E15.2 (character references to
whitespace are not allowed when the elements are declared to have child
content).

Glenn Marcy's patch fixes E27, which deals with UTF-8 encoding (
"Specifically, it is a fatal error if an entity encoded in UTF-8 contains
any irregular code unit sequences, as defined in Unicode 3.1").

Since I've modified the same files as Neil's patch, I've integrated his
changes into this patch.

Cheers,
Peter McCracken/Toronto/IBM
(See attached file: XMLMessages.properties.diff)(See attached file:
XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java.diff)(See attached file:
XMLDTDValidator.java.diff)(See attached file: UTF8Reader.java.diff)