Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Audino, Jeremy" <je...@philips.com> on 2008/10/15 18:25:12 UTC

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxParsingException: Expected a text token, got START_ELEMENT

I'm receiving the following exception when attempting to connect from my Axis2 based client to a Axis 2/SimpleHTTPServer based server.

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxParsingException: Expected a text token, got START_ELEMENT.
 at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [1,252]
        at org.apache.axis2.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:430)
        at com.philips.cirs.calculator.CalculatorStub.fromOM(Unknown Source)
        at com.philips.cirs.calculator.CalculatorStub.add(Unknown Source)
        at com.philips.cirs.calculator.CalculatorClient.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.apache.axiom.om.impl.exception.OMStreamingException: com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxParsingException: Expected a text token, got START_ELEMENT.
 at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [1,252]
        at org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMStAXWrapper.getElementText(OMStAXWrapper.java:901)
        at com.philips.cirs.calculator.IntReturn$Factory.parse(Unknown Source)
        ... 3 more
Caused by: com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxParsingException: Expected a text token, got START_ELEMENT.
 at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [1,252]
        at com.ctc.wstx.sr.StreamScanner.constructWfcException(StreamScanner.java:605)
        at com.ctc.wstx.sr.StreamScanner.throwParseError(StreamScanner.java:461)
        at com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.getElementText(BasicStreamReader.java:677)
        at org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMStAXWrapper.getElementText(OMStAXWrapper.java:899)
        ... 4 more

A gSoap server based from the sample WSDL works great with both the C++ and Java clients.

Any clue what might be happening? Do I have any errors in my WSDL?

Jeremy F. Audino
Senior Software Development Engineer
Philips Healthcare -- Nuclear Medicine
Tel: 440-483-7444