Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by cmagnollay <cm...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/10 20:57:11 UTC

HTML5 button Javascript without a form

Hi all,

So two questions.

1) I looked through the wicket 1.5 changes and did not see any mention of a
component similar to the html 5 button element. Is there something with
similar functionality in the wicket component library?

2) I am looking to create a component that allows users to add CC and BCC
recipients for an email. Of course there could be from 0-inifinty users for
this. The way I would like to form to work is that the user hits a "addition
button" to add another text field for an email, and can remove emails by
hitting a remove button. I find this to be more elegant than just having the
user input emails seperated by commas, or some other delimiter. The page
will be submitted with a ajaxfallbackbutton which will inform the user that
the email was sent correctly, or report any errors. To give you an idea of
what I am talking about check out this picture on skitch:

https://skitch.com/cmagnollay/81y3u/multitextform

So does anybody have any good ideas on how to implement something like this?
I have done a couple simple wicket projects before, but I am trying to
stretch my capabilities and actually make a reusable component, so any ideas
on wicket components to use, structure, and such would be much appreciated.
Thank you!

Re: HTML5 button Javascript without a form

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 11:57 AM, cmagnollay <cm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> So two questions.
>
> 1) I looked through the wicket 1.5 changes and did not see any mention of a
> component similar to the html 5 button element. Is there something with
> similar functionality in the wicket component library?

you can attach a Link or AjaxLink to a <button> and it will just work.

> 2) I am looking to create a component that allows users to add CC and BCC
> recipients for an email. Of course there could be from 0-inifinty users for
> this. The way I would like to form to work is that the user hits a "addition
> button" to add another text field for an email, and can remove emails by
> hitting a remove button. I find this to be more elegant than just having the
> user input emails seperated by commas, or some other delimiter. The page
> will be submitted with a ajaxfallbackbutton which will inform the user that
> the email was sent correctly, or report any errors. To give you an idea of
> what I am talking about check out this picture on skitch:
>
> https://skitch.com/cmagnollay/81y3u/multitextform
>
> So does anybody have any good ideas on how to implement something like this?
> I have done a couple simple wicket projects before, but I am trying to
> stretch my capabilities and actually make a reusable component, so any ideas
> on wicket components to use, structure, and such would be much appreciated.

http://wicketinaction.com/2008/10/building-a-listeditor-form-component/

-igor