Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org> on 2019/11/03 12:58:07 UTC

[Draft][Report] Apache Kylin - Nov 2019

Hi all,

Here's Kylin board report for this cycle, please help to review and leave
your feedback here. If some information need to be added, please list here.

Apache Kylin is an open-source Distributed Analytics Engine designed
to provide SQL interface and multi-dimensional analysis (OLAP) on
Hadoop supporting extremely large datasets.

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention at this time

## Membership Data:
Apache Kylin was founded 2015-11-18 (4 years ago)
There are currently 37 committers and 22 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 5:3.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Gang Ma on 2019-05-29.
- Chao Long was added as committer on 2019-10-01
- Shaohui Liu was added as committer on 2019-10-25

## Project Activity:
3.0.0-beta was released on 2019-10-24.
2.6.4 was released on 2019-10-12.
3.0.0-alpha2 was released on 2019-07-30.

Apache Kylin Meetup @OLX, Berlin, Germany; 7:00PM - 8:30PM, Thursday,
2019-10-24
Apache Kylin Meetup @Shenzhen, China; 12:30PM - 17:00PM, Saturday,
2019-09-07

## Community Health:
The discussions in the mailing list have a small drop (10%) compared with
the previous quarter. One reason we think is that the stable branch 2.6.x
has less change and the release is more stable than before, so fewer
problems and issues are raised. The v3.0 is in beta now, while most of the
users haven't upgraded to it yet.

dev@kylin.apache.org had a 10% decrease in traffic in the past quarter (303
emails compared to 333)
113 issues opened in JIRA, past quarter (-11% decrease)
129 issues closed in JIRA, past quarter (48% increase)
209 commits in the past quarter (-16% decrease)
39 code contributors in the past quarter (-4% decrease)

Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋
Apache Kylin PMC
Email: shaofengshi@apache.org

Apache Kylin FAQ: https://kylin.apache.org/docs/gettingstarted/faq.html
Join Kylin user mail group: user-subscribe@kylin.apache.org
Join Kylin dev mail group: dev-subscribe@kylin.apache.org

[Draft][Report] Apache Kylin - May 2020

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

Here's Kylin board report for this cycle, please help to review and leave
your feedback here. If some information needs to be added, please list here.

The mission of Apache Kylin is the creation and maintenance of software
related to a distributed and scalable OLAP engine

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Membership Data:
Apache Kylin was founded 2015-11-18 (4 years ago)
There are currently 40 committers and 23 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 5:3.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Chunen Ni on 2019-11-26.
- Kaige Liu was added as committer on 2020-03-24

## Project Activity:
Released two bug-fix releases in the first quarter of 2020. The v2.6.6,
v3.0.2, and v3.1.0 are on the way. And several contributors are working on
the parquet storage which is planned in Kylin v4.0.

Besides, the community holds several online meetups:
- March 14, Kylin + Hudi (incubating) online joint meetup, Shaofeng Li,
Tianpeng Zhou and Shaofeng Shi shared Hidi, Kylin realtime, and "Hudi +
Kylin for NRT data warehouse" topics;
- April 9, Kylin on Parquet quick start online webinar, Rupeng Wang, Yiming
Xu shared Kylin on Parquet technologies and performance data.
- April 9, Apache Kylin 101 online webinar: Get Sub-Second Analytics on
Massive Datasets, Kaige Liu introduced the basic concepts of Kylin in the
online webinar

Recent releases:
2.6.5 was released on 2020-02-19.
3.0.1 was released on 2020-02-19.
3.0.0 was released on 2019-12-18.

## Community Health:
Due to the impact of COVID-19, the activities of the community is much less
than the previous cycles

dev@kylin.apache.org had a 16% decrease in traffic in the past quarter (251
emails compared to 297)
user@kylin.apache.org had a 55% decrease in traffic in the past quarter
(102 emails compared to 226)
105 issues opened in JIRA, past quarter (-21% decrease)
133 issues closed in JIRA, past quarter (34% increase)
153 commits in the past quarter (-54% decrease)
45 code contributors in the past quarter (-6% decrease)
89 PRs opened on GitHub, past quarter (-50% decrease)
86 PRs closed on GitHub, past quarter (-54% decrease)

Re: [Draft][Report] Apache Kylin - Nov 2019

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
Good suggestion; Thank you Luke.

Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com> 于2019年11月4日周一 上午7:42写道:

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.