Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Joe Barrett <jn...@charter.net> on 2003/02/03 03:33:37 UTC

[users@httpd] Post please!

This should be simple.  I had a server running fine, but I had to purchase a
router for my network, and now nobody can connect to me.  I've tried using
my IP address with the router (192.116.1.100) and my IP address without the
router (68.116.63.162) and neither work with my router.  How can I get my
server to work?  Please help.

Re: [users@httpd] Post please!

Posted by Gary Turner <kk...@sbcglobal.net>.
Joe Barrett wrote:

>This should be simple.  I had a server running fine, but I had to purchase a
>router for my network, and now nobody can connect to me.  I've tried using
>my IP address with the router (192.116.1.100) and my IP address without the
>router (68.116.63.162) and neither work with my router.  How can I get my
>server to work?  Please help.

You will need to read your router manual.  Pay particular attention to
port forwarding rules.  NAT is meant to separate the outer from the
inner networks.

--
gt                         kk5st@sbcglobal.net
  Nielsen's First Law of Computer Manuals:

Re: [users@httpd] Little more help

Posted by George Valpak <gv...@yahoo.com>.
Ben,

This is an apache list. Perhaps you should find someplace where linksys products are discussed. I suggest googling the name of your product and a few key words on the web and group tabs of google. I am sure you will find someone that has been through exactly the same issue. You might also want to learn about NAT - it shouldn't be that complicated to do what you want, so please don't expect the Apache list to dig deep for you on NAT and router issues because you are "lazy" :) You can do it, I know you can!

GV

Posted by George Valpak <gv...@yahoo.com>.
Where it says Ext port, you put your external IP address and the port apache listens on, probably 80.
Where it says internal, you put the internal ip address, and the port apache listens on, probably 80

RE: [users@httpd] Post please!

Posted by Jeff Bert <so...@sgwebspace.com>.
I'm guessing you got a Linksys... But even if another brand you need to go
into the router setup and add your server to the port forwarding.  A router
by default blocks all unsolicited incoming traffic.

If it's a linksys, in a browser type: http://192.168.1.1

And goto the advanced section.  And add the forwarding of port 80 to your
server.

I'd also recommend that you set your computer for static IP address so that
if you add another computer to your network it doesn't bump your computer
from .100 to .101 by change... Not likely but it is possible.

There's great info on whatever router you bought at
http://www.dslreports.com

Jeff