Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/14 07:27:40 UTC

Folder not created using Hadoop Mapreduce code

I am trying to create a file with in "in" folder. but when i tried to run
this in cluster i noticed that this "in" folder is not within hdfs.

why is it so?

Any thing wrong?

My Driver code is

 Path in = new Path("in");
    Path input = new Path("in/inputfile");
    BufferedWriter createinput = new BufferedWriter(new
OutputStreamWriter(fs.create(input)));

According to this code a "in" folder and a file "inputfile" should be
created in working directory of cluster right?

--
*Thanks & Regards*

Unmesha Sreeveni U.B

*Junior Developer*

Re: Folder not created using Hadoop Mapreduce code

Posted by Amr Shahin <am...@gmail.com>.
run hadoop fs -lsr /
Could've been created in a location different from where you expected

Posted by Amr Shahin <am...@gmail.com>.
run hadoop fs -lsr /

Posted by Amr Shahin <am...@gmail.com>.
run hadoop fs -lsr /

Posted by Amr Shahin <am...@gmail.com>.
run hadoop fs -lsr /

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
Was due to permission issues.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15941108/hdfs-access-from-remote-host-through-java-api-user-authentication

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
yes . I closed :(

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
yes . I closed :(

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
yes . I closed :(

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
yes . I closed :(

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
I tried hadoop fs -lsr /

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
I tried hadoop fs -lsr /

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
I tried hadoop fs -lsr /

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
I tried hadoop fs -lsr /

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Amr Shahin <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Amr Shahin <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by rab ra <ra...@gmail.com>.
Unless you FileSystem's mkdir() method , i m not sure you create a folder
in hdfs

Posted by rab ra <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Amr Shahin <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Amr Shahin <am...@gmail.com>.