Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Rupert Howell <ru...@provolve.com> on 2007/02/13 13:06:35 UTC

Managing RSS Feeds From The Content Manager

Hi,

Over the last few weeks I've been doing some work on a site that will be
gathering RSS feeds from other sites and displaying the headlines
accordingly. I have used something called Rome which is a set of RSS/Atom
tools and is apparently Apache licensed https://rome.dev.java.net/.
Integration with OFBiz was easy - but my work on this really is in a proof
of concept phase. I have taken RSS feeds from other sites and displayed them
on an OFBiz site - that's about it.
My plan is to extend the Content Manager to manage these feeds so it is easy
to choose and change which feeds are being displayed. Ultimately - I would
also like to publish RSS feeds from the CMS so people can be kept up to date
with Forum/Blog posts, news etc.
Has anyone already thought about this or started work on this already? Is
the Rome license correct (it seems by far the most comprehensive set of
tools) or should I be looking for something else?
If this seems like a useful feature for the project I'll put this in Jira.

Kind Regards,

Rupert Howell

Provolve Ltd

Technopole
Kingston Crescent
Portsmouth
PO2 8FA

Tel: 020 8144 7877
E-mail: ruperthowell@provolve.com
Web: www.provolve.com <http://www.provolve.com/>

Re: Managing RSS Feeds From The Content Manager

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
We are in the process of putting RSS into the Content and Work Effort
areas.  We will be letting you guys know as it progresses.

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

Posted by Al Byers <by...@automationgroups.com>.

Posted by Rupert Howell <ru...@provolve.com>.
David,

I'd be happy to. I'd like to give it a few more hours work and tidy up
then I'll contribute what I have. It is embarrassingly rough at the
moment.
I should have time tomorrow.
I'll add the thoughts I had while I was initially working on this to
Jira tomorrow as well.

Rupert

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Rupert,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Licence seems OK at 1st glance (ASL2).
Did not check all CVS repository, only seen that licence header is not updated and a "Copyright 2004 Sun Microsystems, Inc."

Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
+1

Jacques