Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2006/05/31 12:24:55 UTC

Re: Error building Felix

On Enrique's request, I tried to build Felix and got the same problem as
Francesco;

On Monday 03 April 2006 20:04, Francesco Furfari wrote:

> Missing:
> ----------
> 1) javax.microedition:javax.microedition:jar:1.0.4
>
>    Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
>
>    Then, install it using the command:
>        mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=javax.microedition
> -DartifactId=javax.microedition \
>            -Dversion=1.0.4 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
>
>    Path to dependency:
>          1) org.apache.felix:org.osgi.compendium:osgi-bundle:0.8.0-SNAPSHOT
>          2) javax.microedition:javax.microedition:jar:1.0.4

We work a lot with J2ME, and have no clue what a "javax.microedition" artifact
would refer to. Is that CLDC API? CDC API? MIDP, PP, or some other profile?

While you guys figure this out, I'll try to use built a Snapshot.

Cheers
Niclas

Re: Error building Felix

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com>.
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Wednesday 31 May 2006 18:24, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>
>> While you guys figure this out, I'll try to use built a Snapshot.
>
> http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/felix/
>
> is not very complete, and the Manifest data in at least o.a.f.main
> v.0.8.0-SNAPSHOT is incorrectly refering to v 0.8-SNAPSHOT of
> o.a.f.framework, as well as a non published o.a.f.moduleloader.
>

> I suggest that the whole current SNAPSHOT area is cleared and a new complete
> 0.8.1 SNAPSHOT is made asap...
>
> WDYT?

I agree.  I think that many of the committers that came to Felix are new
to M2 and so would never have gotten into the groove of deploying.

Enrique

RE: Error building Felix

Posted by Bram de Kruijff <br...@gx.nl>.
> Is this the result of some sort of "mvn deploy" operation or
> something? If it is easy, tell me what to do and I will update it.

yes, 'mvn deploy' will transfer your artifacts to the destination specified
by distributionManagement in de main pom.xml. It would be nice if this repo
was somewhat up to date (at this point we use an internal mirror to be able
to distribute up-to-date snapshot artifacts). You probably would want to let
CI take care of this for snapshots. Is there a continuum running somewhere?

best regards,
Bram

Re: Error building Felix

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

Re: Error building Felix

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.

Re: Error building Felix

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Wednesday 31 May 2006 19:38, Enrique Rodriguez wrote:
> I have SH configured locally:
>
>          <repository>
>            <id>safehaus-repository</id>
>            <name>Safehaus Repository</name>
>            <url>http://m2.safehaus.org</url>
>          </repository>

Duh!!! Me stupid. Things failing since I have had this changed to my own repo
to do "deploy" of the maven plugin to my own server... Thanks for the
pointer. Build works.

Back to the "Speed problem with Import"...

Cheers
Niclas

Re: Error building Felix

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.

> This has "hack" from the early Felix days written all over it.  I just
> looked; it is in the Safehaus repo:
>
> http://m2.safehaus.org/javax/microedition/javax.microedition/1.0.4/
>
> I have SH configured locally:
>
>          <repository>
>            <id>safehaus-repository</id>
>            <name>Safehaus Repository</name>
>            <url>http://m2.safehaus.org</url>
>          </repository>
>
> If there is a more appropriate jar, maybe already in M2-land proper,
> then it ought to change.

Ok, I assume this is another Sun restricted distribution license atatched to
it, so it may not be possible. :o(

I'll investigate when time allows.

Cheers
Niclas