Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by mahsa mofidpoor <mo...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/29 00:17:51 UTC

running Hive from within Eclipse

Hi,

I checked out the latest successful built, but when I try to run Hive from
Eclipse the following message appears:

'Launching HiveCli' has encountered a problem.
The archive: /hive-trunk/build/hadoopcore/hadoop-0.20.2/conf which is
referenced by the classpath, does not exist.

I checked the hive-trunk/.classpath and hive-trunk/.classpath._hbase,
however, neither contained /hive-trunk/build/hadoopcore/hadoop-0.20.2/conf.
I modified TestCliDriver.launch and TestHive.launch in such a way that my
system's hadoop location is assigned to HADOOP_HOME as the value.
I checked that all hadoop-core jar files exist in the referenced libraries.

yet, I receive the same error.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Mahsa