Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com> on 1997/07/09 23:20:31 UTC

HUP problem with Solaris

I just got a response from my contact at Sun; this specific issue was not
a known bug, but now it is.  <g>  They are, of course, aware that pre 2.6
socket implementations left much to be desired.

It is fixed in 2.6, but it is very unlikely there will ever be a fix for
2.0-2.5.1 because the fix in 2.6 was throwing away the socket
implementation and rewriting it.

Sigh.  So this means we can use a nice define name like
REALLY_BROKEN_SOLARIS_SOCKET_HACK.  I'm still trying to think of a nicer
fix, and am still discussing it with him.